Pak Taliban executes five tribesmen in North Waziristan
Islamabad: The Pakistan Taliban have said they captured and "executed" five tribesmen in the restive North Waziristan region for spying for the Inter-Services Intelligence and the Central Intelligence Agency of the US.
A leaflet in Urdu circulated in Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency yesterday, said Arbab Khushali Wazir, Tariq Wazir, Moti Macha, Wali Hassukhel and Khursheed Alam were killed by Taliban for working for the two spy agencies.
The leaflet claimed Arbab Khushali Wazir was involved in "harming the Taliban" before the holy month of Ramzan.
It claimed Tariq Wazir was linked to a private security firm spying for the intelligence agencies.
The militants further claimed that Moti Macha had been spying on the Taliban in Shawal Valley and directing US drone strikes. Wali Hassukhel was killed before he could carry out a plan to kill more Taliban, said the leaflet.
The leaflet, titled `Advice`, said the five men had taken part in "acts of terrorism" against Taliban in North Waziristan. It said the men had been buried by the Taliban.
Taliban warned tribesmen that they should keep an eye even on their relatives so that they did not spy on the militants. Such a move could save their relatives from harm at the hands of the Taliban, the leaflet said.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has executed dozens of tribesmen, including pro-government elders, on charges of spying or supporting the Pakistani security forces over the past four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city