Pak Taliban executes five tribesmen in North Waziristan
Islamabad: The Pakistan Taliban have said they captured and "executed" five tribesmen in the restive North Waziristan region for spying for the Inter-Services Intelligence and the Central Intelligence Agency of the US.
A leaflet in Urdu circulated in Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency yesterday, said Arbab Khushali Wazir, Tariq Wazir, Moti Macha, Wali Hassukhel and Khursheed Alam were killed by Taliban for working for the two spy agencies.
The leaflet claimed Arbab Khushali Wazir was involved in "harming the Taliban" before the holy month of Ramzan.
It claimed Tariq Wazir was linked to a private security firm spying for the intelligence agencies.
The militants further claimed that Moti Macha had been spying on the Taliban in Shawal Valley and directing US drone strikes. Wali Hassukhel was killed before he could carry out a plan to kill more Taliban, said the leaflet.
The leaflet, titled `Advice`, said the five men had taken part in "acts of terrorism" against Taliban in North Waziristan. It said the men had been buried by the Taliban.
Taliban warned tribesmen that they should keep an eye even on their relatives so that they did not spy on the militants. Such a move could save their relatives from harm at the hands of the Taliban, the leaflet said.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has executed dozens of tribesmen, including pro-government elders, on charges of spying or supporting the Pakistani security forces over the past four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says