Pak Taliban kills two suspected spies
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban killed
two men they had accused of facilitating US drone attacks by
wrapping explosives around their bodies and blowing them up in
front of a large crowd.
The incident occurred Friday in Datta Khel area of
North Waziristan tribal region, a bastion of the
The two men were accused by the militants of being
involved in a recent drone strike that killed 35 people.
The Taliban asked residents of two villages to gather
at two specified spots in Datta Khel, located 25 km west of
Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan.
Dozens of armed Taliban fighters then brought the two
men to those spots.
Taliban commanders initially told the people that the
two men, whom they described as US spies, would speak and
confess to their involvement in several drone attacks.
Local residents were quoted by The News daily as
saying that the militant commanders subsequently said the two
men "were not in a position to speak" due to paucity of time
and the fear of a drone strike.
One man was killed at Deegan village and another at
At both places, militants then tied sacks filled with
explosives to two men and forced them to stand on raised
Taliban commanders asked militants and the local
residents to move back as cables to a distant spot from where
the rebels triggered the explosives. Witnesses said the body
parts of the two men were scattered over a large area and
could not be gathered for burial.
Government officials said the powerful blasts were
heard in Miranshah.
The Taliban have killed dozens of tribesmen they have
accused of spying for the US in the past few years but this
was the first time that the killings were carried out in such
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow