Pak Taliban offers to release detained soldiers
Peshawar: The Pakistani Taliban on Tuesday
offered to release 33 paramilitary troops captured by them a
week ago if the government frees some detained militants but
warned that it would kill the soldiers one by one if their
demands are not met.
The 33 Frontier Corps personnel were captured when
militants attacked a security check post in the volatile
Mohmand tribal region.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Ikramullah Mohmand
told reporters by phone from an undisclosed location that the
paramilitary troopers were in the Taliban`s custody for the
"We are ready to set them free in return for the
release of detained Taliban," he said.
The Taliban will not accept anything less than the
release of the detained fighters, he said.
Ikramullah warned that the Taliban would kill the
captured Frontier Corps personnel one by one if the government
did not release the detained militants.
The identity of the militants whose release has been
sought by the Taliban could not immediately be ascertained.
Frontier Corps spokesman Maj Fazlur Rehman confirmed
that 33 paramilitary personnel were missing since the Taliban
attacked the check post near the Afghan border last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside