Pak Taliban set conditions for freeing 27 children
Khar: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has set conditions for releasing the 27 children it has been holding hostage for about a week.
Last Friday, TTP militants had kidnapped the children after they had accidentally crossed the border from Bajaur Agency into Afghanistan, while picnicking on Eidul Fitr.
In a video released to the media from Kunar in Afghanistan, Bajaur TTP chief Maulana Dadullah confirmed that the 27 children from Mamond tehsil were in the custody of his group, the Dawn reports.
The TTP demanded that the government should release children and women languishing in various prisons, stop instigating tribesmen to form anti-Taliban lashkars and disband such lashkars and ‘peace committees’ in Bajaur.
Dadullah said the children were safe, adding that no one had so far contacted the Taliban for negotiating their release.
He also threatened that the lives of the children could be at risk if the demands were not met.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!