Pak Taliban threaten to attack secular parties
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban has threatened to attack the secular political parties in the country, the Dawn reported Monday.
The development comes after seven people were injured in a car bomb attack at a gathering of Awami National Party (ANP) Sunday in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, and said that the ANP and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) were on their hit-list for their enmity towards them.
"We request the public to avoid attending such rallies in their own interest," the daily quoted purported Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan as saying.
He also said the Taliban will announce its plan on other secular parties later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan