Pak Taliban warn of retaliatory attacks on security forces in Bajaur
Islamabad: The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has warned of intensifying attacks on security forces in Bajaur region of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) if does not stop the offensive against extremists in the region.
Speaking over telephone from an undisclosed location, TTP leader Maulvi Faqir Mohammed said the government was continuing with its ‘repressive’ policies which has forced the outfit to think over its strategy of fighting for the sake of its own people.
“We abdicated our positions and chose not to fight with security forces following an understanding that our people will not be harmed. But the government appears to be continuing with its repressive policies. We will have no other option but to resume our attacks if such policies are not reversed,” The Dawn quoted Mohammed, as saying.
It may be noted that Mohammed was believed to have been killed along with other prominent extremist leaders in a helicopter gunship attack in Mohmand area last week.
Interior Minister Rehmalik had said that top Taliban leaders Omar Rehman alias Fateh has been killed in a helicopter attack in Mohmand tribal region and that Faqir Mohammad and Qari Ziaur Rehman were also “most likely” among the dead.
Faqir Mohammad said that Qari Zia were in Kunar at the time of the helicopter attack and not in Mohmand, sources said.
It may be noted that Qari Zia had issued a statement claiming to have ousted Faqir Mohammad because of his refusal to fight against troops in Bajaur, the Taliban’s nerve centre, which was re-captured by the Pakistani forces earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL