Pak teenage girl killed father for scolding her
Lahore: A teenage girl in Pakistan`s Punjab province allegedly shot and killed her father for scolding her for having a relationship with a boy of her neighbourhood, police said Tuesday.
A 16-year-old daughter of Muhammad Shabbir of Bilal Town in Faisalabad, 100 km from Lahore, allegedly had a relationship with a boy named Muhammad Basharat.
"After learning about this, Shabbir asked her not to see the boy anymore," police officer Omar Draz told reporters.
Draz said relatives of the girl said her father had beaten her up for seeing the boy against his wishes.
"Probably that might have infuriated the girl to go to this extreme," he said.
Yesterday, the girl asked Basharat to provide her with a gun as she wanted to kill her father. She allegedly gunned down her father while he was sleeping.
After hearing the gunshots, neighbours called police.
The police took several members of the family to the police station, where the girl confessed to her crime during interrogation.
Police also arrested Basharat and registered a murder case against him and the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you