Pak teenage girl killed father for scolding her
Lahore: A teenage girl in Pakistan`s Punjab province allegedly shot and killed her father for scolding her for having a relationship with a boy of her neighbourhood, police said Tuesday.
A 16-year-old daughter of Muhammad Shabbir of Bilal Town in Faisalabad, 100 km from Lahore, allegedly had a relationship with a boy named Muhammad Basharat.
"After learning about this, Shabbir asked her not to see the boy anymore," police officer Omar Draz told reporters.
Draz said relatives of the girl said her father had beaten her up for seeing the boy against his wishes.
"Probably that might have infuriated the girl to go to this extreme," he said.
Yesterday, the girl asked Basharat to provide her with a gun as she wanted to kill her father. She allegedly gunned down her father while he was sleeping.
After hearing the gunshots, neighbours called police.
The police took several members of the family to the police station, where the girl confessed to her crime during interrogation.
Police also arrested Basharat and registered a murder case against him and the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here