Pak teenager gang-raped, paraded naked in streets
Islamabad: A 17-year-old Pakistani girl
was abducted, gang-raped and paraded naked around the streets
of her village in Punjab province for spurning the advances of
a landlord, according to a media report Tuesday.
Local residents said the girl was alone in her home
when five men - Ijaz Ahmed, Bilal, Shehbaz, Muazzam and Tahir, broke into her house and raped her.
Her brother told police that Ahmed had been stalking
his sister for several months and she had spurned his
"He began to threaten her and me," the brother told
The Express Tribune newspaper.
The parents of the girl died a few years ago and she
and her brother live with their grandfather and an old uncle.
"I had refused him (Ahmed) several times. He
threatened to kill my brother and me," the victim told police.
On Saturday night, the five men broke into her home at
Vehari in Punjab and raped her while her brother was at work.
"They beat up my grandfather and uncle and they could
barely walk," she said.
Local residents said the men later dragged the girl
out of her home and paraded her in the streets of the village.
"The men kept making loud claims about her being their
`property` and no one said a word because they were armed,"
said a resident.
The girl`s brother has registered an FIR in Machiwaal
Police initially refused to file the FIR but did so
later, he said.
"I know they will not follow it up because Ijaz Ahmed
is the son of feudal lord Khalil Ahmed," he added.
The brother said the feudal lord`s family has been
pressuring his family and had threatened to kill them if they
went to the police.
Though an FIR was lodged, the victim said police had
not filed a rape or gang-rape charge.
A doctor at the Vehari district hospital confirmed she
had issued a medical certificate testifying that the girl was
"The hospital has already treated three members of the
family as the girl`s grandfather and uncle were brought in
with severe injuries after they tried to rescue her," the
Station House Officer Rafiq Joiya said police were
searching for the alleged rapists.
The victim and her brother have asked for the Punjab
Chief Minister to take up their case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors