Pak to get 3 more AWACS next year
Islamabad: Pakistan is set to receive three more Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) in 2010, the country’s Defence Ministry has announced.
The Daily Times quoted Minister for Defence Production Abdul Qayyum Khan Jatoi as saying that one AWACS plane had already reached the country, and three more were expected next year.
Answering a question regarding the demand for a new province, Jatoi referred to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani’s statement that the time is not suitable to raise such issues.
Jatoi, however, urged the provincial government to allocate more funds for the development of South Punjab.
He also sought rightful allocation of resources from the National Finance Commission Award for the southern parts of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre