Pak to get 3 more AWACS next year
Islamabad: Pakistan is set to receive three more Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) in 2010, the country’s Defence Ministry has announced.
The Daily Times quoted Minister for Defence Production Abdul Qayyum Khan Jatoi as saying that one AWACS plane had already reached the country, and three more were expected next year.
Answering a question regarding the demand for a new province, Jatoi referred to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani’s statement that the time is not suitable to raise such issues.
Jatoi, however, urged the provincial government to allocate more funds for the development of South Punjab.
He also sought rightful allocation of resources from the National Finance Commission Award for the southern parts of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price