Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13
Lahore: Six new F-16 C/D Block 52 high-tech aircraft will reportedly arrive in Pakistan from the United States on December 13, after which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will have a total of 18 such aircraft.
In 2005-06, Pakistan had signed a contract with the US government for the acquisition of 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft, under which the PAF would receive these state-of-the-art aircraft from the US in staggered batches, the Daily Times reported.
While the first batch of three aircraft arrived in Pakistan in May 2010, and the second batch- of the same quantity- at the PAF Base in Shahbaz (Jacobabad) in October, six more aircraft reached the country in November.
The F-16 C/D aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art avionics suite and latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability. These aircraft are part of the bid by the PAF to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!