Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13
Lahore: Six new F-16 C/D Block 52 high-tech aircraft will reportedly arrive in Pakistan from the United States on December 13, after which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will have a total of 18 such aircraft.
In 2005-06, Pakistan had signed a contract with the US government for the acquisition of 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft, under which the PAF would receive these state-of-the-art aircraft from the US in staggered batches, the Daily Times reported.
While the first batch of three aircraft arrived in Pakistan in May 2010, and the second batch- of the same quantity- at the PAF Base in Shahbaz (Jacobabad) in October, six more aircraft reached the country in November.
The F-16 C/D aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art avionics suite and latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability. These aircraft are part of the bid by the PAF to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!