Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13
Lahore: Six new F-16 C/D Block 52 high-tech aircraft will reportedly arrive in Pakistan from the United States on December 13, after which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will have a total of 18 such aircraft.
In 2005-06, Pakistan had signed a contract with the US government for the acquisition of 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft, under which the PAF would receive these state-of-the-art aircraft from the US in staggered batches, the Daily Times reported.
While the first batch of three aircraft arrived in Pakistan in May 2010, and the second batch- of the same quantity- at the PAF Base in Shahbaz (Jacobabad) in October, six more aircraft reached the country in November.
The F-16 C/D aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art avionics suite and latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability. These aircraft are part of the bid by the PAF to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race