Pak to receive first four F-16s from US
Islamabad: Pakistan will receive the
first four of 18 upgraded F-16s from the US this week and the
multi-role combat jets will give its air force the capability
to conduct night operations and use precision-guided
The four Block 52 F-16s are due to arrive at Shahbaz
airbase in Jacobabad on Saturday, official sources were quoted
as saying by the Dawn newspaper.
The delivery of all 18 jets ordered by Pakistan from
the US will be completed by the end of this year, the sources
The jets will enhance Pakistan Air Force`s
capabilities for the ongoing war against terror, the sources
were quoted as saying.
Pakistan is also conducting negotiations with the US
for purchasing another 14 new F-16s, the sources said.
The Block 52 F-16s are more advanced than the F-16 A/B
jets in the PAF?s existing fleet.
The PAF is in the process of conducting a mid-life
upgrade of its fleet of 30-year-old F-16s.
Four of the 45 old F-16s are currently being upgraded
and they will be ready in a couple of months, the sources
Ahead of the delivery of the Block 52 F-16s, eight
Pakistani pilots underwent training in the US.
The training included a course to make the transition
from the F-16 A/B to the F-16 Block C/D aircraft, flight lead
upgrade training and instructor pilot certification so that
they eight pilots could train others to fly the new jets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'