Pak to seek explanation from UK envoy on Cameron`s remarks
Islamabad: Pakistan will seek an
explanation from the British High Commissioner on Prime Minister David Cameron`s comments linking the country to the
"export of terror", Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has
Cameron`s warning to Islamabad to sever links with groups that promote the export of terror to Afghanistan and India have cast a shadow on Pakistan-Britain relations and the
chief of the powerful ISI has cancelled an upcoming visit to
London to convey the military`s displeasure over the remarks.
"British Prime Minister David Cameron`s comments were
surprising," Qureshi told a TV news channel. He said Pakistan
will seek an explanation on the remarks from the British High
Pakistan is a frontline state in the war on terror and
its achievements and successes could not be negated, Qureshi
Pakistan`s people and armed forces have made great
sacrifices in the war, he added.
The international community too has recognised the
struggle and steps being taken by Pakistan against terrorism
and Cameron should be aware of the country`s role, he said.
Diplomatic sources said an official of the British
High Commission is expected to be called to the Foreign Office
on Monday to seek an explanation on Cameron’s comments.
Cameron had on Wednesday said in Bangalore that
Pakistan should not have ties with groups that promote the
export of terror to Afghanistan or India.
Pakistan had angrily reacted to Cameron`s statement,
saying it had done more than other nations in combating the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra