Pak to seek Red Corner Notice against Musharraf
Karachi/Islamabad: Pakistan will seek
Interpol help to bring back Pervez Musharraf to face trial
over ex-Premier Benazir Bhutto`s assassination, Interior
Minister Rehman Malik said on Tuesday, a month after the former
military ruler deferred indefinitely plans to return home to
68-year-old Musharraf has been accused of failing to
provide adequate security to Bhutto, who was murdered in 2007
during his tenure.
"The court has already declared him (Musharraf) a
proclaimed offender and now the government is moving for a Red
(Corner) Notice. We will get him through the Interpol to
Pakistan to face trial," Malik said during a special briefing
for members of the assembly of southern Sindh province in
The briefing by Malik and senior police and Federal
Investigation Agency (FIA) officials was aired live by TV news
Malik said several attempts to serve notices issued by an
anti-terrorism court to Musharraf through the Pakistan High
Commission in Britain were unsuccessful.
Musharraf, who has been living in self-exile in London
and Dubai since he resigned in 2008, last month deferred
indefinitely his plans to return to Pakistan to stage a
political comeback, citing security reasons.
Khalid Qureshi, the officer heading the investigation
into Bhutto`s assassination by a suicide bomber in Rawalpindi
on December 27, 2007, said Musharraf was named in the
chargesheet as he had failed to provide the "VVIP security"
that Bhutto was entitled to as a two-time former Premier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in