Pak to try brothel owners under Anti-Terrorism Act
Lahore: Pakistani authorities have decided
to prosecute brothel owners in Punjab`s provincial capital
under Anti-Terrorism Act as prostitution houses here have
become dens for terrorists.
Muhammad Pervez Rathore, Capital City Police Officer
(CCPO) here said brothels in Lahore have become dens of
"There is strong evidence of the premises being used
by terrorists in some incidents," he was quoted as saying by
the The Post newspaper today.
Presiding over a meeting at the police headquarters
yesterday, Rathore ordered Divisional SPs, DSPs and SHOs to
launch a crackdown on 445 prostitution houses and their owners
under the Anti-Terrorism Act, the report in the Pakistani
He also directed them to raid motels, guesthouses and
inns which served as safe havens for criminals.
Rathore said police in plain clothes had found beyond
doubt that they were involved in crimes, including terrorism.
Lahore has been targeted by terrorists amid fears that
brothels have been used for launching operations.
On October 15, Taliban militants unleashed a wave of
terror as they stormed three security facilities in Lahore in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands