Pak to verify legality of 26/11 dossier: Qureshi
Multan: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said Islamabad will respond to the fresh Indian dossier regarding the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks only after examining the document handed over to it on Friday.
“Our legal experts will examine the new information to see whether it was legally tenable,” The Daily Times quoted Qureshi, as saying.
India on Friday handed over more evidence on the 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai to the Pakistani High Commissioner to India, Shahid Malik.
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao handed over the fresh proof to Malik during a meeting at her South Block office. The meeting went on for nearly half-an-hour.
According to sources, Malik had reportedly requested a meeting with Rao to discuss the forthcoming engagement between the leaderships of the two countries on the sidelines of UN General Assembly next month.
It was during this meeting, that fresh evidence was handed over by the Indian side.
The Indian External Affairs Minister and Foreign Secretary are expected to meet their Pakistani counterparts on the sidelines of the UNGA next month.
Although the details and nature of evidence was not divulged immediately by the concerned authorities, sources said that this move was prompted by the release of JuD chief and LeT founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed who could not be prosecuted for involvement in the Mumbai terror attacks in the absence of ‘concrete evidence’ against him.
The latest documents given to Pakistan reportedly provide critical evidence against Saeed.
India has expressed dismay over Saeed’s release, whom it sees as the mastermind of the Mumbai terror attacks.
Federal Bureau of investigation officials have also testified and submitted their report to a special court that is investigating the 26/11 attacks. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'