Pak: Top judge earns Rs 8.9 million annual salary
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is earning a staggering 8.9 million rupees per year, according to the details produced in Senate.
Chaudhry’s cumulative monthly salary and allowances amount to 7,24,321rupees apart from other perks and privileges.
The judges of the apex court have been receiving the revised salaries since July 2011, after President Asif Ali Zardari had approved a 30 per cent increase in their salary and allowances this year.
The Chief Justice receives a salary of 4,48,221 rupees, judicial allowances amounting to 1,96,219 rupees, a house rent of 68,000 rupees if official residence is not provided and 15 per cent of the salary as a medical allowance, the Express Tribune reports.
Aside from other privileges, Chaudhry also enjoys a chauffeur-driven car with 600 litres petrol monthly, free medical treatment for his family, a rent free residence which is maintained by the government and provisions to electricity, gas and water.
The Chief Justice’s associate judges in the Supreme Court each receives 8.7 million rupees annually.
A judge of the apex court receives a total of 7,54,643 rupees per month, which includes the additional perks, and their monthly salary amounts to 423,414 rupees.
Chief justices of high courts, on the other hand, each make over 8.4 million rupees annually while the associate judges earn 8.3 million rupees annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack