Pak: Top judge earns Rs 8.9 million annual salary
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is earning a staggering 8.9 million rupees per year, according to the details produced in Senate.
Chaudhry’s cumulative monthly salary and allowances amount to 7,24,321rupees apart from other perks and privileges.
The judges of the apex court have been receiving the revised salaries since July 2011, after President Asif Ali Zardari had approved a 30 per cent increase in their salary and allowances this year.
The Chief Justice receives a salary of 4,48,221 rupees, judicial allowances amounting to 1,96,219 rupees, a house rent of 68,000 rupees if official residence is not provided and 15 per cent of the salary as a medical allowance, the Express Tribune reports.
Aside from other privileges, Chaudhry also enjoys a chauffeur-driven car with 600 litres petrol monthly, free medical treatment for his family, a rent free residence which is maintained by the government and provisions to electricity, gas and water.
The Chief Justice’s associate judges in the Supreme Court each receives 8.7 million rupees annually.
A judge of the apex court receives a total of 7,54,643 rupees per month, which includes the additional perks, and their monthly salary amounts to 423,414 rupees.
Chief justices of high courts, on the other hand, each make over 8.4 million rupees annually while the associate judges earn 8.3 million rupees annually.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India