Pak: Top judge earns Rs 8.9 million annual salary
Islamabad: Pakistan Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is earning a staggering 8.9 million rupees per year, according to the details produced in Senate.
Chaudhry’s cumulative monthly salary and allowances amount to 7,24,321rupees apart from other perks and privileges.
The judges of the apex court have been receiving the revised salaries since July 2011, after President Asif Ali Zardari had approved a 30 per cent increase in their salary and allowances this year.
The Chief Justice receives a salary of 4,48,221 rupees, judicial allowances amounting to 1,96,219 rupees, a house rent of 68,000 rupees if official residence is not provided and 15 per cent of the salary as a medical allowance, the Express Tribune reports.
Aside from other privileges, Chaudhry also enjoys a chauffeur-driven car with 600 litres petrol monthly, free medical treatment for his family, a rent free residence which is maintained by the government and provisions to electricity, gas and water.
The Chief Justice’s associate judges in the Supreme Court each receives 8.7 million rupees annually.
A judge of the apex court receives a total of 7,54,643 rupees per month, which includes the additional perks, and their monthly salary amounts to 423,414 rupees.
Chief justices of high courts, on the other hand, each make over 8.4 million rupees annually while the associate judges earn 8.3 million rupees annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan