Pak: Top pro-govt militant commander among 4 killed
Islamabad: A top pro-government militant
commander, his son-in-law and two others were killed by a
suicide bomber on Monday on the outskirts of Pakistan`s restive
The suicide bomber struck a house being built by Haji
Akhundzada, a leader of the Ansar-ul-Islam group, in Pakha
Ghulam area, about 10 km from the capital of northwestern
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, killing four persons, including
the tribal leader. Eight other people were injured in the
The identity of the third man who was killed could not be
Officials at Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar said the
eight injured persons, including two children, were admitted.
They described the condition of five persons as serious.
Siraj Ahmed Khan, the chief of the Peshawar district
administration, confirmed the death of Akhundzada and his
He said the attack was linked to rivalry between militant
groups that are active in the restive Khyber tribal region.
Other officials said they had found the body parts of the
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Akhundzada had survived several attacks in the past,
local residents said.
Footage on television showed debris strewn at the site of
the attack as investigators gathered clues.
The walls of several houses were pitted by shrapnel that
was packed into the bomber`s explosive vest.
Several militant groups, including the Taliban and the
Lashkar-e-Islam, are active in the Khyber Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation