Pak tops list of America hating countries: Survey
Washington: Pakistan tops the list of countries that hate America the most, a new survey has found.
Disapproval of U.S. leadership had no statistical improvement last year, according to the latest U.S.-Global Leadership Project, a partnership between Meridian International Center and Gallup.
According to the Huffington Post, of those foreign citizens surveyed by Gallup in 130 countries, 25 percent disapproved of the job performance of President Barack Obama`s administration.
The survey found that in seven nations, more than 60 percent disapproved of the current administration. In Pakistan, that number was nearly 80 percent.
Based on the recent survey, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 countries that hate America the most.
Not surprisingly, most of the countries that hate the US are located in the Middle East, where the United States has long struggled to maintain positive diplomatic relations.
Among the leading factors that have complicated America`s image in the region is the `war on terror`, which includes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and penetration of Pakistani airspace to assassinate Osama bin Laden.
All three of these nations had among the highest levels of disapproval of U.S. leadership.
The country`s relatively strong diplomatic relationship with Israel has also resulted in strained relationships between the U.S. and these countries.
The Palestinian territories, neighboring Lebanon, and Iran, disapprove of U.S.`s foreign policy. Each of these countries continue to have volatile relationships with Israel as well.
According to the report, however, not every country that disapproves of U.S. policies is in the Middle East.
One that stands out is Greece, where approval has fallen dramatically over the past five years, coinciding with the country`s economic tailspin.
All of the countries with the highest disapproval of the U.S. government suffer from poor economic conditions.
Most have high levels of poverty and, according to a review of Gallup polls, they also have among the worst levels of economic and social well-being in the world. They have high levels of political instability and, in many cases, high levels of terrorism as well.
The list of top 10 countires that hate the US are:
2. Palestinian Territories
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested