Pak tops list of America hating countries: Survey
Washington: Pakistan tops the list of countries that hate America the most, a new survey has found.
Disapproval of U.S. leadership had no statistical improvement last year, according to the latest U.S.-Global Leadership Project, a partnership between Meridian International Center and Gallup.
According to the Huffington Post, of those foreign citizens surveyed by Gallup in 130 countries, 25 percent disapproved of the job performance of President Barack Obama`s administration.
The survey found that in seven nations, more than 60 percent disapproved of the current administration. In Pakistan, that number was nearly 80 percent.
Based on the recent survey, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 countries that hate America the most.
Not surprisingly, most of the countries that hate the US are located in the Middle East, where the United States has long struggled to maintain positive diplomatic relations.
Among the leading factors that have complicated America`s image in the region is the `war on terror`, which includes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and penetration of Pakistani airspace to assassinate Osama bin Laden.
All three of these nations had among the highest levels of disapproval of U.S. leadership.
The country`s relatively strong diplomatic relationship with Israel has also resulted in strained relationships between the U.S. and these countries.
The Palestinian territories, neighboring Lebanon, and Iran, disapprove of U.S.`s foreign policy. Each of these countries continue to have volatile relationships with Israel as well.
According to the report, however, not every country that disapproves of U.S. policies is in the Middle East.
One that stands out is Greece, where approval has fallen dramatically over the past five years, coinciding with the country`s economic tailspin.
All of the countries with the highest disapproval of the U.S. government suffer from poor economic conditions.
Most have high levels of poverty and, according to a review of Gallup polls, they also have among the worst levels of economic and social well-being in the world. They have high levels of political instability and, in many cases, high levels of terrorism as well.
The list of top 10 countires that hate the US are:
2. Palestinian Territories
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video