Pak troops and Taliban locked in street fighting in Ladha
Islamabad: Advancing Pakistani troops
today stormed into another Taliban bastion of Ladha and were
locked in pitched street battles with militant fighters for
control of the town in South Waziristan where 30 terrorists
were reported killed in the heavy fighting.
"Advancing troops have entered the second terrorist
stronghold of Ladha. Intense fighting is taking place in the
streets," an Army spokesman said.
He said 10 terrorists had been killed in the fierce
fighting, while 16 others died in the fighting around the
town. Seven soldiers have been injured in the clashes.
Though the Taliban yesterday had claimed that they
would adopt guerilla tactics against the numerically stronger
Pakistani Army, the militants today engaged in street fighting
to defend their hub.
Ladha is said to be one of the three main Taliban
nerve centre in South Waziristan, according to the military.
The security forces have already captured Sararogha and only
the Makeen town remains with the militants.
Pushing deeper into the terrorist haven, the Army
claimed that it has now taken complete control of Sararogha,
which was a nerve centre of the slain Taliban warlord
"Security forces have cleared major portion of the
town," the military said, however the officials said the
entire town has been captured. Troops also secured strategic
heights around Sararogha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you