Pak troops exchange sweets with Indians on R-day
Jammu: Pakistani troops extended greetings
and exchanged sweets with Indian soldiers in two sectors along
the Line of Control on Republic Day on Tuesday even as there were
ceasefire violations by Pakistan border guards along the
frontier in Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan Army personnel led by a Colonel-rank officer
presented boxes of sweets to Indian Army officers at forward
defence locations and crossing-points at Chakan-Da-Bagh and
Tatapani in Poonch and Mendhar sectors along the LoC.
"They greeted us and exchanged sweets with our troops on
R-day at the two different FDLs in Poonch district this
morning," a senior army officer said.
Even as Pakistani armymen were busy greeting their
counterparts, Pakistan Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing
on forward border outpost of Alfa Machail in Kanachak
sub-sector along the international border in Jammu district.
Pakistani troops violated ceasefire along LoC by opening
fire on the Indian forward positions, BSF officials said
adding this was the second such incident since yesterday.
They had also violated the ceasefire last night by firing
three mortar shells, which exploded some distance away from
an FDL on the Indian side in Poonch district.
Indian troops stationed in Uri sector of north Kashmir
presented baskets of sweets to their Pakistani counterparts.
Troops of Four Jat regiment presented sweets to Pakistani
soldiers at Kaman Post, the last Indian territory in Uri
sector, 126 kms from here, official sources said.
Kaman Post hit the headlines in 2004 when bus service
between Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir was
resumed after nearly six decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'