Pak troops kill 11 militants, destroy rebel hideouts
Islamabad/Peshawar: The Pakistani
military killed 11 militants during operations in the
country`s restive tribal belt and destroyed several rebel
hideouts, authorities said today.
Six militants were killed in fighting over the past 24
hours in South Waziristan. Eight soldiers, including two
officers, were injured in this region, the military said.
Five militants were killed and several rebel hideouts
destroyed during heavy shelling by security forces in Shahshoo
village and surrounding areas in the Kurram tribal region
bordering Afghanistan, official sources said.
The shelling continued for hours, said witnesses.
Militants fleeing the areas around Shahshoo had begun
constructing hideouts in adjacent mountains in central Kurram
Agency. Official sources said the operation against the
militants will continue till they are eliminated.
Militants from the Khyber, Orakzai and Waziristan
tribal regions, where the army is conducting operations, have
taken shelter in Kurram Agency. However, a tribal elder of
Kurram Agency said it would not be possible to eliminate the
militants without the support of local tribesmen.
In South Waziristan, two soldiers and an officer were
injured when militants targeted them with an improvised
explosive device while they were patrolling the Jandola-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city