Pak troops kill 16 Taliban militants
Peshawar: At least 16 Taliban militants were killed and a security personnel was injured on Friday in a clash in the volatile Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, official sources said.
The gun battle occurred in Feroze Khel town in Orakzai Agency as security forces advanced into militant strongholds. The militants are on the run and finding no place to hide, a security official said.
Troops gunned down 48 militants at three different places in Orakzai Agency yesterday. Two security personnel also died in the fighting.
Security forces claim to have killed over Taliban militants since an offensive was launched last month to flush rebels out of the region.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP