Pak troops kill 16 Taliban militants
Peshawar: At least 16 Taliban militants were killed and a security personnel was injured on Friday in a clash in the volatile Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, official sources said.
The gun battle occurred in Feroze Khel town in Orakzai Agency as security forces advanced into militant strongholds. The militants are on the run and finding no place to hide, a security official said.
Troops gunned down 48 militants at three different places in Orakzai Agency yesterday. Two security personnel also died in the fighting.
Security forces claim to have killed over Taliban militants since an offensive was launched last month to flush rebels out of the region.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says