Pak troops kill 16 Taliban militants
Peshawar: At least 16 Taliban militants were killed and a security personnel was injured on Friday in a clash in the volatile Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, official sources said.
The gun battle occurred in Feroze Khel town in Orakzai Agency as security forces advanced into militant strongholds. The militants are on the run and finding no place to hide, a security official said.
Troops gunned down 48 militants at three different places in Orakzai Agency yesterday. Two security personnel also died in the fighting.
Security forces claim to have killed over Taliban militants since an offensive was launched last month to flush rebels out of the region.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'