Pak troops kill 16 Taliban militants
Peshawar: At least 16 Taliban militants were killed and a security personnel was injured on Friday in a clash in the volatile Orakzai tribal region of northwest Pakistan, official sources said.
The gun battle occurred in Feroze Khel town in Orakzai Agency as security forces advanced into militant strongholds. The militants are on the run and finding no place to hide, a security official said.
Troops gunned down 48 militants at three different places in Orakzai Agency yesterday. Two security personnel also died in the fighting.
Security forces claim to have killed over Taliban militants since an offensive was launched last month to flush rebels out of the region.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31