Pak univ announces scholarships for Afghan students
Peshawar: An university in northwest
Pakistan on Monday announced scholarships for Afghan students and
scholars pursuing their Masters, MPhil and PhD studies.
An agreement was reached between a delegation of
visiting Afghan university Chancellors and Vice Chancellors
and officials of the University of Peshawar.
According a formal pact, the University of Peshawar
will grant admission to 48 Afghan students for Masters degree
and six MPhil or PhD students from the coming academic year.
Twenty-four Masters students will be given fully
funded scholarship and all six MPhil or PhD students will be
granted full free-ships.
The joint declaration said Afghan students who do
not come under the free-ship will be charged fees equivalent
to those for Pakistani students.
Welcoming the Afghan delegation, University of
Peshawar Vice Chancellor Azmat Hayat Khan said serving the
people and students of Afghanistan would be a privilege for
He said the University of Peshawar is currently host
to over 70 Afghan students and is ready to train the faculty
of Afghan universities to build their capacity to global
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy