Pak university student guns down vice principal
Islamabad: A possibly "depressed" student of a
Pakistani university in Rawalpindi city on Tuesday went on a
shooting spree and gunned down the vice principal of the
institution at point-blank rage.
Khurram Shahzad, a final year student at the Riphah
International University (RIU) shot dead Vice Principal Brig
(Retd) Sanaullah early in the morning.
Shahzad managed to smuggle the weapon into the premises
without being noticed by security guards. He proceeded to
enter different departments on campus and fired four shots in
total, The Express Tribune daily reported.
Shahzad also fired shots at other teachers and security
guards, however, the vice principal was shot at point blank
range and died on the spot. The body has been taken away for
The accused has been taken into custody and is being
interrogated by police.
A member of the university`s HR department said that
Shahzad had been enrolled since 2002, and had repeated his
fourth year four times.
He had earlier been expelled by the administration, but
was enrolled once again after his parents pleaded with
university authorities to allow him to continue his studies.
RIU authorities said that Shahzad was suffering from
depression, and had attempted suicide in the past, adding that
his mental state was "questionable".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015