Pak wants constructive engagement with India: Ashraf
Islamabad: Pakistan wants a "constructive engagement" with India to settle all outstanding problems, including the Kashmir issue, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf said today.
"Pakistan was committed to constructive engagement with India for the settlement of all disputes, including Jammu and Kashmir," Ashraf said during a meeting with "president" Sardar Muhammad Yaqoob Khan and "prime minister" Chaudhry Abdul Majeed of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
At the same time, he reiterated Pakistan’s "resolve to continue extending moral, diplomatic and political support to the Kashmiri people in their struggle of self-determination", said a statement issued by the premier`s office.
Ashraf remarked that Pakistan believed in the "peaceful settlement of the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the UN resolutions and wishes of the Kashmiri people".
A peaceful resolution of the issue is essential for progress and prosperity in South Asia, he added.
The leaders from PoK lauded the Pakistani leadership for their continued support for the struggle of the Kashmiri people.
During the meeting, the leaders also discussed several development projects initiated by the government PoK.
Ashraf said all necessary funds for the projects will be released in time to ensure their timely completion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog