Pak wants lasting solution to Kashmir issue: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan wants a "result-oriented uninterrupted dialogue" with India that will help find a permanent solution to the Kashmir dispute, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari told Kashmiri leader and Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Mohammad Umar Farooq.
Zardari reiterated Pakistan`s stance to continue support to the Kashmiri cause at a meeting with the Mirwaiz, who heads the moderate faction of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference in Jammu and Kashmir, on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session in New York, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported Sunday.
He said Pakistan would continue extending "political, moral and diplomatic support" to the Kashmiri people, who had rendered "countless sacrifices for upholding their dignity and freedom, pleading for equity and justice".
"Pakistan believes that result-oriented uninterrupted dialogue process with India will greatly help create a conducive environment to find permanent solution of the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the aspirations of the people of Kashmir," the APP quoted Zardari as saying.
The President reiterated his call to the global community to focus attention on the plight of Kashmiri people, who have been waging a "legitimate struggle" for their right of self-determination for over six decades, "despite suffering huge losses and human rights violations", the report said.
The Mirwaiz thanked Zardari for the support extended to the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and Ambassador to the US Sherry Rehman were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion