`Pak wants peaceful resolution of all disputes with India`
Islamabad: Pakistan wants the peaceful
resolution of all disputes with India and the willingness of
Indian leaders to resume dialogue is a step in the right
direction, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Tuesday.
"Pakistan is a peaceful nation. We are against
territorial aggrandisement and seek the negotiated and
peaceful resolution of all disputes with India,"" Gilani said
in an address at the National Defence University.
"The Indian leadership`s willingness to resume stalled
dialogue is a step in the right direction for regional peace
and progress," he told an audience that included Defence
Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar, Defence Production Minister
Abdul Quyyum Khan Jatoi and senior military officials.
Gilani`s remarks came ahead of a meeting between the
Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan to be held in
Islamabad on June 24.
The meeting will finalise the agenda for talks to be
held by the Foreign Ministers in the Pakistani capital on July
Referring to other aspects of Pakistan`s foreign
policy, Gilani said the country attaches "great importance" to
its long-term strategic partnership with the US.
"During my recent visit to the US, I made it clear
that Pakistan rightfully expects the US to adopt
non-discrimination in terms of civil nuclear deal with
Islamabad. We need to explore viable options to meet the
energy demands for our socio-economic development," he said.
Gilani said he also told the leadership of the
European Union and NATO during recent interactions that
Pakistan is looking forward to "greater market access for its
Pakistan`s foreign policy is guided by the protection
of the country`s interests at the regional and international
levels, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Congress targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi govt's 2nd anniversary event, says 'wrong message being sent'
- WTO sees Brexit costing UK billions in trade tariffs: FT
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA