Pak wants to have normal relations with India: Foreign Office
Islamabad: Pakistan on Thursday said its wants normal relations with India in the interest of regional peace and stability even though there are "some issues and some disputes" between the two neighbours that need to be resolved.
"It is true that we want to have normal relations with India because we feel that having peace and stability in this region is in the mutual interest of the two countries, and the people of this region stand to benefit from this peace and stability," Foreign Office spokesman Moazzam Khan said.
He said there were "some issues and some disputes" between the two sides that need to be resolved "but we also feel that the only way to resolve them is through dialogue".
Khan was responding to a question at a weekly news briefing on whether Pakistan had made a change in its policy for India to place greater emphasis on the Kashmir issue instead of trade and people-to-people contacts.
The spokesman said there was no change or shift in Pakistan`s policy for India as far as the Kashmir issue is concerned.
"Pakistan will always keep striving to resolve this issue through a meaningful dialogue in accordance with the UN resolutions as well as the aspirations of the Kashmiri people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?