Pak wants to have normal relations with India: Foreign Office
Islamabad: Pakistan on Thursday said its wants normal relations with India in the interest of regional peace and stability even though there are "some issues and some disputes" between the two neighbours that need to be resolved.
"It is true that we want to have normal relations with India because we feel that having peace and stability in this region is in the mutual interest of the two countries, and the people of this region stand to benefit from this peace and stability," Foreign Office spokesman Moazzam Khan said.
He said there were "some issues and some disputes" between the two sides that need to be resolved "but we also feel that the only way to resolve them is through dialogue".
Khan was responding to a question at a weekly news briefing on whether Pakistan had made a change in its policy for India to place greater emphasis on the Kashmir issue instead of trade and people-to-people contacts.
The spokesman said there was no change or shift in Pakistan`s policy for India as far as the Kashmir issue is concerned.
"Pakistan will always keep striving to resolve this issue through a meaningful dialogue in accordance with the UN resolutions as well as the aspirations of the Kashmiri people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery