Pak will emerge victorious in war on terror: Kayani
Peshawar: Pakistan will emerge triumphant
in the war against extremism and peace will be restored in the
country at any cost, army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said
Kayani made a day-long visit to this northwestern
city, which has been the target of a wave of devastating
suicide attacks and bombings, to boost the morale of security
forces combating militants and to interact with victims of
The country will triumph in the war against militancy
and peace will be restored in Peshawar and the rest of
Pakistan at any cost, he said while addressing a ceremony held
at the Police Lines to pay tribute to policemen killed in the
campaign against terrorism.
The protection and solidarity of Pakistan are the main
objectives of security forces and any threat to the country’s
sovereignty and integrity will not be tolerated, Kayani said.
The army has the capability and capacity to fight
terrorists and sacrifices rendered by the force reflects the
level of its morale, he added.
Extraordinary security measures were put in place
across Peshawar for the army chief`s visit and some parts of
the city were completely sealed. He went to the Lady Reading
Hospital to meet victims of recent terrorist attacks.
Kayani also laid a wreath at a monument at the
Police Lines that commemorates policemen killed fighting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued