Pak woman granted Indian citizenship after 25 years wait
Muzaffarnagar: Twenty five years after she
applied for Indian citizenship, a Pakistani woman, married to
a villager here and residing in the country on a long term
visa, was granted Indian nationality today.
50-year-old Kaniz Fatma had married Mohsim, a resident of
Gangeru village, 25 years ago. She had applied for Indian
citizenship immediately after her marriage, however, it was
not accepted on some legal grounds. Since then she had been
staying in the country on long term visa, the woman`s lawyer
Nazar Mohd said.
She has been granted Indian citizenship today after a
long wait, the lawyer said.
According to official data, about 40 Pakistani women
married to Indian nationals are living in Muzaffarnagar
district on long term visa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter