Pak woman in burqa assaulted at Niagara Falls
Islamabad: A 26-year-old Pakistani woman wearing a hijab was assaulted while on a visit to the famous Niagara Falls.
The woman was on her way to meet her husband in a parking lot when two American women in a van shouted ethnic and racial slurs before physically attacking her, the Nation reports.
The two women continued yelling at the victim even after she met her husband in the parking lot, and when the victim asked why they were swearing at her, the two women got out of the van and assaulted her.
Before her husband could intervene, the victim was slapped in the face, knocked to the ground, punched and kicked repeatedly.
Her hair was also pulled, and she suffered bruises, pain and swelling on her head and body.
One of the attackers was charged with third-degree assault as a hate crime. The second assailant is being sought by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard