Pak woman in burqa assaulted at Niagara Falls
Islamabad: A 26-year-old Pakistani woman wearing a hijab was assaulted while on a visit to the famous Niagara Falls.
The woman was on her way to meet her husband in a parking lot when two American women in a van shouted ethnic and racial slurs before physically attacking her, the Nation reports.
The two women continued yelling at the victim even after she met her husband in the parking lot, and when the victim asked why they were swearing at her, the two women got out of the van and assaulted her.
Before her husband could intervene, the victim was slapped in the face, knocked to the ground, punched and kicked repeatedly.
Her hair was also pulled, and she suffered bruises, pain and swelling on her head and body.
One of the attackers was charged with third-degree assault as a hate crime. The second assailant is being sought by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel