Pak woman paraded naked over marriage row
Lahore: A group of over three dozen men
stripped a woman and paraded her naked around a village in
Pakistan`s Punjab province after accusing her son of forcibly
marrying a girl, police officials said on Sunday.
According to an FIR lodged with police, over three dozen
men of the Gopang tribe raided the home of Manzooran Mai in
Khundai village of Muzaffargarh district, 350 km from Lahore,
yesterday and took the woman and her daughter-in-law Azra away
They mob beat Mai`s family members and ransacked her
"Later, they paraded Mai naked in the streets of the
village," the FIR said.
Mahmood Bux, the husband of Mai, told police that his son
Nadir had contracted a second marriage with Azra, a member of
the Gopang tribe.
Bux belongs the to the Daha tribe, which does not have
good relations with the Gopang, he said. He alleged that the
Gopang men kidnapped Azra and paraded Manzooran Mai naked to
"We have arrested over two dozen people involved in the
incident and are conducting raids to arrest the others," said
Muzaffargarh district police chief Rao Munir Zia.
Reports said other women of Manzooran Mai?s household too
were stripped but this could not be independently confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid