Pak woman stoned to death for keeping cellphone
Islamabad: A woman was stoned to death on the orders of panchayat after a cellphone was recovered from her possession in Pakistan.
Her two cousins told a TV channel that Arifa Bibi was stoned to death by her uncle and relatives, the Daily Times reports.
The relatives followed the orders of the panchayat in a village of Dera Ghazi Khan to stone the mother of two after she was found using a cellphone.
Police have registered an FIR against three members of the panchayat .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr