Pak woman stoned to death for keeping cellphone
Islamabad: A woman was stoned to death on the orders of panchayat after a cellphone was recovered from her possession in Pakistan.
Her two cousins told a TV channel that Arifa Bibi was stoned to death by her uncle and relatives, the Daily Times reports.
The relatives followed the orders of the panchayat in a village of Dera Ghazi Khan to stone the mother of two after she was found using a cellphone.
Police have registered an FIR against three members of the panchayat .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing