Pak woman stripped at panchayat`s order
Lahore: A woman was allegedly stripped naked on the orders of a panchayat in Pakistan`s Punjab province to settle a dispute over an extra-marital affair.
According to the victim Kalsoom Mai, the incident occurred last week in Muzaffarghar district, 400-km from Lahore.
Kalsoom, a resident of Qasba Gujrat, told police her relative Mohammad Bilal and others had tortured and stripped her in the presence of local residents.
Kalsoom`s husband Muhammad Nawaz was allegedly having an affair with Bilal`s wife.
She said she was summoned by the panchayat or village council after Nawaz was caught re- handed with Bilal`s wife .
The family of Bilal`s wife thrashed Nawaz and demanded Kalsoom should be humiliated to settle the matter.
"On the orders of the panchayat, I was stripped and humiliated in front of other people," Kalsoom said.
After this, the other woman`s relatives set Nawaz free.
Qasba Gujrat police station chief Javed Akhtar said he had registered a case after receiving a complaint from Kalsoom. A case was also registered against Nawqaz for "humiliating" Bilal`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!