Pak woman`s nose, hair chopped off
Islamabad: A Pakistani woman`s nose and hair were chopped-off by her brother-in-law and his family after they accused her of having an extra-marital affair with a neighbour in Gujranwala city.
Police officials have registered separate cases against the accused and have taken them into custody, the Express Tribune said on Monday.
According to police officials, Awalkah Bhaike resident Aasiya Bibi was locked up for three days in a room after her brother-in-law Anwar, his wife Kalsoom and sons Waqas and Awais teamed up and chopped off her nose and shaved-off her head in Noshehra Virkan area in Punjab province.
She was in a terrible condition when the police, with the help of another neighbour, discovered and rushed her to the district hospital where her facial wounds were stitched up, they told the daily.
According to the doctors, Aasiya narrowly managed to avoid an infection, the newspaper reported.
"We were surprised that her open wounds had not gotten infected even thought they were not treated for three days," medical superintendent Azam Skeikh said, adding, "She is currently receiving treatment and we expect her to make a full recovery."
However, an unrepentant Anwar said "She was having illicit relations with a neighbour. We caught her and this was her punishment. She deserved what happened to her."
"I should have killed her on the spot," he said.
According to Aasiya`s neighbour, there were frequent fights at her house and Anwar`s family was "cruel" to her.
"Aasiya has been living with her in-laws for over seven years and her husband works in Multan, so he rarely manages to visit," her neighbour Nida said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'