Pak woman`s nose, hair chopped off
Islamabad: A Pakistani woman`s nose and hair were chopped-off by her brother-in-law and his family after they accused her of having an extra-marital affair with a neighbour in Gujranwala city.
Police officials have registered separate cases against the accused and have taken them into custody, the Express Tribune said on Monday.
According to police officials, Awalkah Bhaike resident Aasiya Bibi was locked up for three days in a room after her brother-in-law Anwar, his wife Kalsoom and sons Waqas and Awais teamed up and chopped off her nose and shaved-off her head in Noshehra Virkan area in Punjab province.
She was in a terrible condition when the police, with the help of another neighbour, discovered and rushed her to the district hospital where her facial wounds were stitched up, they told the daily.
According to the doctors, Aasiya narrowly managed to avoid an infection, the newspaper reported.
"We were surprised that her open wounds had not gotten infected even thought they were not treated for three days," medical superintendent Azam Skeikh said, adding, "She is currently receiving treatment and we expect her to make a full recovery."
However, an unrepentant Anwar said "She was having illicit relations with a neighbour. We caught her and this was her punishment. She deserved what happened to her."
"I should have killed her on the spot," he said.
According to Aasiya`s neighbour, there were frequent fights at her house and Anwar`s family was "cruel" to her.
"Aasiya has been living with her in-laws for over seven years and her husband works in Multan, so he rarely manages to visit," her neighbour Nida said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets