Pak writes to Interpol for Red Corner notice for Mush
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Ministry has
written to France-based Interpol for a Red Corner Notice
against former President Pervez Musharraf for his arrest and
extradition to the country, Interior Minister Rehman Malik
said on Sunday.
"We have sent a request to Interpol for the arrest of
Pervez Musharraf," Malik told journalists during an
interaction at the National Press Club.
He gave no other details.
The request was sent to Interpol through its
representative in Pakistan, the Dawn newspaper quoted its
sources as saying.
Federal Investigation Agency senior prosecutor Chaudhry
Zulfiqar Ali said a letter had earlier been sent to the
director of Interpol (Pakistan) by the officer leading the
investigation into former premier Benazir Bhutto`s killing.
The formal request stated that Musharraf is an accused in
The investigating officer handed over to the Interpol
director in Pakistan investigation reports, copies of
statements by then director-general of ISI`s counter-
intelligence wing Javed Iqbal Cheema and former Intelligence
Bureau director general Ejaz Shah, US-based journalist Marc
Siegel`s email to Bhutto and copies of orders issued by an
The letter sent by email to Interpol Pakistan on February
2 stated: "Secretary General of Interpol Secretariat Lyon
(France) is requested to issue `red warrants` for Pervez
Musharraf, former president of Pakistan, and arrest him
through Interpol. A copy of red notice may please be furnished
to this ministry."
The email mentioned the computerised national identity
card number of Musharraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS