Pak youth delegation to visit India on Tuesday
Islamabad: A 50-member Pakistani youth peace delegation will travel to India tomorrow for a two-week visit to boost the bilateral peace process through people-to-people contacts. The visit has been organised by the Islamabad Crescent Lions Club, Development Communications Network Pakistan, Jaago Naujawan, a youth organisation, and Leo Clubs.
DEVCOM-Pakistan director Munir Ahmed said the delegation will visit Delhi, Lucknow, Agra, Jaipur, Ajmer and Sikar.
The delegation will be hosted in India by local chapters of the Lions Club. It will hold meetings with Indian youths to explore opportunities for cultural and youth exchanges, he said.
Besides sightseeing, the delegation will participate in public gatherings being arranged by Lions Club to interact with Indian citizens and enhance understanding of various issues.
Munir said, "The only solution to peace and harmony between the two nations lies in frequent visits by the youth and communities from both sides. These visits and people-to-people interaction will help to create mutually beneficial joint ventures for socio-economic uplift and pave a path for cultural understandings."
The youth of both countries can play a "dynamic role in reshaping the future of their people", he said.
Munir urged politicians of both countries to "avoid creating differences for their own vested interests".
In a message to the Islamabad Crescent Lions Club, Indian Lions Club representative Kirpal Singh said people were "waiting anxiously for the youth peace delegation", which would be extended a warm welcome.
"We are sure the exchange of experiences and cultural thoughts would create long-lasting brotherhood between both countries," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?