Pak youth delegation to visit India on Tuesday
Islamabad: A 50-member Pakistani youth peace delegation will travel to India tomorrow for a two-week visit to boost the bilateral peace process through people-to-people contacts. The visit has been organised by the Islamabad Crescent Lions Club, Development Communications Network Pakistan, Jaago Naujawan, a youth organisation, and Leo Clubs.
DEVCOM-Pakistan director Munir Ahmed said the delegation will visit Delhi, Lucknow, Agra, Jaipur, Ajmer and Sikar.
The delegation will be hosted in India by local chapters of the Lions Club. It will hold meetings with Indian youths to explore opportunities for cultural and youth exchanges, he said.
Besides sightseeing, the delegation will participate in public gatherings being arranged by Lions Club to interact with Indian citizens and enhance understanding of various issues.
Munir said, "The only solution to peace and harmony between the two nations lies in frequent visits by the youth and communities from both sides. These visits and people-to-people interaction will help to create mutually beneficial joint ventures for socio-economic uplift and pave a path for cultural understandings."
The youth of both countries can play a "dynamic role in reshaping the future of their people", he said.
Munir urged politicians of both countries to "avoid creating differences for their own vested interests".
In a message to the Islamabad Crescent Lions Club, Indian Lions Club representative Kirpal Singh said people were "waiting anxiously for the youth peace delegation", which would be extended a warm welcome.
"We are sure the exchange of experiences and cultural thoughts would create long-lasting brotherhood between both countries," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?