Pakistan: 10 days to recover heirs of Raymond Davis’ victims
Lahore: The Lahore High Court has directed the federal and provincial governments of Pakistan to recover the legal heirs of Raymond Davis’ shootout victims within 10 days.
The heirs of the two youths - Faizan Haider and Faheem Shamshad - have disappeared mysteriously since they pardoned double murder-accused CIA contractor Davis in return for blood-money worth 200 million rupees.
The court issued the directive on Friday during the hearing of a petition filed by a lawyer, Malik Munsif Awan, who stated that the families of the two deceased men had ‘gone missing’ after the release of US national Davis in the double-murder case.
In his petition, Awan apprehended that the families of the two men had been abducted and kept in illegal detention, the Dawn reports.
He had also submitted, quoting media reports, that the families were in possession of 200 million rupees that they had received as blood money, and therefore their lives could be in danger.
The petitioner further said there were also apprehensions that they were forced to accept the blood money for the release of Davis.
Awan therefore requested the court to summon the concerned authorities and direct them to ‘recover’ the victims’ families and present them in the court.
The judge rejected the request of the federation’s lawyers for three-week time to submit the government’s reply with regard to the status of the heirs, and told them to recover the families in 10-day time.
During an earlier hearing, the Capitol City Police Officer (CCPO) of Lahore, Aslam Tareen, had submitted his two-page reply, in which he said that the houses of the deceased’s families were locked, and that their neighbours were reluctant to share information regarding their current addresses.
The Assistant Advocate General had said that the families of the murdered men were free to go anywhere after accepting the blood money, and that they could not be stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof