Pakistan: 13 militants killed in clashes
Islamabad: At least 13 militants have been killed in clashes with Pakistani security forces in the country`s restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and the tribal belt, security officials said today.
Security forces killed eight militants and destroyed two hideouts in a clash in the lower part of Orakzai tribal region today, officials told the media.
Troops attacked militant compounds in Goak area of Orakzai Agency. A search operation is underway in the area.
In a separate incident, Afghan militants sneaked across the border and attacked a military check post in Ankalsar area of Lower Dir district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa late last night.
Pakistan security forces retaliated, killing at least five militants.
Intermittent exchanges of fire are continuing and additional forces have been sent to the area, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof