Pakistan: 13 militants killed in clashes
Islamabad: At least 13 militants have been killed in clashes with Pakistani security forces in the country`s restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and the tribal belt, security officials said today.
Security forces killed eight militants and destroyed two hideouts in a clash in the lower part of Orakzai tribal region today, officials told the media.
Troops attacked militant compounds in Goak area of Orakzai Agency. A search operation is underway in the area.
In a separate incident, Afghan militants sneaked across the border and attacked a military check post in Ankalsar area of Lower Dir district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa late last night.
Pakistan security forces retaliated, killing at least five militants.
Intermittent exchanges of fire are continuing and additional forces have been sent to the area, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!