Pakistan: 13 militants killed in clashes
Islamabad: At least 13 militants have been killed in clashes with Pakistani security forces in the country`s restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and the tribal belt, security officials said today.
Security forces killed eight militants and destroyed two hideouts in a clash in the lower part of Orakzai tribal region today, officials told the media.
Troops attacked militant compounds in Goak area of Orakzai Agency. A search operation is underway in the area.
In a separate incident, Afghan militants sneaked across the border and attacked a military check post in Ankalsar area of Lower Dir district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa late last night.
Pakistan security forces retaliated, killing at least five militants.
Intermittent exchanges of fire are continuing and additional forces have been sent to the area, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH