Pakistan: 13 militants killed in clashes
Islamabad: At least 13 militants have been killed in clashes with Pakistani security forces in the country`s restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and the tribal belt, security officials said today.
Security forces killed eight militants and destroyed two hideouts in a clash in the lower part of Orakzai tribal region today, officials told the media.
Troops attacked militant compounds in Goak area of Orakzai Agency. A search operation is underway in the area.
In a separate incident, Afghan militants sneaked across the border and attacked a military check post in Ankalsar area of Lower Dir district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa late last night.
Pakistan security forces retaliated, killing at least five militants.
Intermittent exchanges of fire are continuing and additional forces have been sent to the area, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police