Pakistan: 16 trapped under collapsed building
Islamabad: At least 16 people remained trapped under the rubble of a collapsed three-storey building in eastern Pakistan`s Multan city Friday night.
A tuition centre for children aged between 8 and 14 was housed in the building in the congested Chorhi Bazaar area of the city in Punjab province.
Eleven other people, including seven children, had been rescued and rushed to hospital.
The rescue work was hampered as there was no electricity in the area, Xinhua reported quoting the local media.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has sought a report on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof