Pakistan: 16 trapped under collapsed building
Islamabad: At least 16 people remained trapped under the rubble of a collapsed three-storey building in eastern Pakistan`s Multan city Friday night.
A tuition centre for children aged between 8 and 14 was housed in the building in the congested Chorhi Bazaar area of the city in Punjab province.
Eleven other people, including seven children, had been rescued and rushed to hospital.
The rescue work was hampered as there was no electricity in the area, Xinhua reported quoting the local media.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has sought a report on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi