Pakistan: 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down
Islamabad: At least 18 people were killed on Friday night when unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen rained bullets at a bus carrying Shia pilgrims in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province, media reports said.
The attack took place near Turbet while the bus was on its way from Balochistan capital Quetta to Iran, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
Geo News said the gunmen attacked a convoy of passenger vans that had begun their journey from Karachi.
It said the attack took place in Khadan area of Turbat.
Witnesses said the gunmen who were waiting near the road, opened fire at the vehicles and kept shooting until their automatic weapons were depleted of ammunition. They then fled the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley