Pakistan: 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down
Islamabad: At least 18 people were killed on Friday night when unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen rained bullets at a bus carrying Shia pilgrims in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province, media reports said.
The attack took place near Turbet while the bus was on its way from Balochistan capital Quetta to Iran, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
Geo News said the gunmen attacked a convoy of passenger vans that had begun their journey from Karachi.
It said the attack took place in Khadan area of Turbat.
Witnesses said the gunmen who were waiting near the road, opened fire at the vehicles and kept shooting until their automatic weapons were depleted of ammunition. They then fled the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest