Pakistan: 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down
Islamabad: At least 18 people were killed on Friday night when unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen rained bullets at a bus carrying Shia pilgrims in Pakistan`s southwest Balochistan province, media reports said.
The attack took place near Turbet while the bus was on its way from Balochistan capital Quetta to Iran, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
Geo News said the gunmen attacked a convoy of passenger vans that had begun their journey from Karachi.
It said the attack took place in Khadan area of Turbat.
Witnesses said the gunmen who were waiting near the road, opened fire at the vehicles and kept shooting until their automatic weapons were depleted of ammunition. They then fled the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter