Pakistan: 21 soldiers, 75 extremists killed
Peshawar: Pakistani security forces have killed 75 militants and lost its 21 troops during the 34 days operation against the ultras in the country`s tribal region close to Afghanistan border.
Deputy Commandant Frontier Corps Colonel Wasim Zafar Bhatti said about 75 militants were killed in 34 days operation.
As many as 86 soldiers injured in the operation.
The forces have cleared Para Chamkani area in Kurram agency and established government`s writ by flushing out the militants from their bastion in the wake of successful operation, said Colonel Wasim Zafar Bhatti while briefing newsmen at Sadda tehsil of Kurram agency.
Col Wasim said the operation was started on May 11 last against the extremists who had infiltrated into the para Chamkani area from the nearby Khyber Agency on May 6 last.
The forces were deployed on May 8 in the restive areas comprising 28 small and big villages and towns.
In all 15,000 plus individual comprising 1,700 families were dislocated due to the operation, who were put up in New Durrani Camp in Sadda tehsil of Kurram Agency.
The families being returned to their areas are provided three month ration and free transport by the FDMA (Fata Disaster Management Authority).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre