Pakistan: 5 Army officers jailed for terror links
Islamabad: Five Pakistani Army officers, including a brigadier, have been jailed for having links with a banned extremist group.
The Field General Court Marshal convicted them for having links with Hizb-ul-Tehrir group, Xinhua reported on Friday. The trial lasted for several months.
Brigadier Ali Khan, Major Sohail Akbar and Major Jawad Baseer will serve five, three and two years of rigorous imprisonment respectively, while Major Inayat Aziz and Major Iftikhar were awarded one and a half year in jail each, the Army said in a statement.
The convicts have the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui