Pakistan: 5 Army officers jailed for terror links
Islamabad: Five Pakistani Army officers, including a brigadier, have been jailed for having links with a banned extremist group.
The Field General Court Marshal convicted them for having links with Hizb-ul-Tehrir group, Xinhua reported on Friday. The trial lasted for several months.
Brigadier Ali Khan, Major Sohail Akbar and Major Jawad Baseer will serve five, three and two years of rigorous imprisonment respectively, while Major Inayat Aziz and Major Iftikhar were awarded one and a half year in jail each, the Army said in a statement.
The convicts have the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!