Pakistan: 5 Army officers jailed for terror links
Islamabad: Five Pakistani Army officers, including a brigadier, have been jailed for having links with a banned extremist group.
The Field General Court Marshal convicted them for having links with Hizb-ul-Tehrir group, Xinhua reported on Friday. The trial lasted for several months.
Brigadier Ali Khan, Major Sohail Akbar and Major Jawad Baseer will serve five, three and two years of rigorous imprisonment respectively, while Major Inayat Aziz and Major Iftikhar were awarded one and a half year in jail each, the Army said in a statement.
The convicts have the right to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened