Pakistan: 600 police personnel fail English test
Islamabad: Over 600 Pakistani police personnel failed an English language test that was conducted for deployment on UN peacekeeping missions.
They were disqualified in the test conducted by the UN Selection Assistance Team here on Wednesday, Dawn reported.
A total 1,213 personnel had appeared in the test.
The first day Tuesday saw 300 applicants being disqualified in the English reading test, while the number went up to over 600 Wednesday as they could not qualify the English language listening and report-writing test.
“Today`s English listening and report writing test was very difficult during which majority of the applicants could not qualify,” an official was quoted as saying.
The four-day of tests are of English language capacity, driving competency, shooting and weapon handling capacity and final interview. It is mandatory to clear the test for deployment in any UN peacekeeping mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1