Pakistan: 9 killed in Peshawar bomb blast
Islamabad: At least nine people, including two children, were killed and over 20 others injured in a bomb blast in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar on Friday evening, said hospital sources.
The blast took place in an auto workshop in Mattni Bazaar on the outskirts of Peshawar, reported Xinhua.
Police said the bomb was fixed in a double-cabin pickup vehicle which was brought to the workshop for repair on Thursday. The bomb was detonated with a remote-controlled device.
According to rescue teams, three people were killed on the spot while six others succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
Local Urdu TV channel Aaj TV reported that 11 people were killed in the blast but Xinhua sources saw nine bodies in the hospital.
Hospital sources said that at least six out of over 20 injured were in critical condition.
The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) said that around 40 kg explosives were used in the attack that damaged around a dozen nearby shops and six vehicles.
The intensity of the blast was so severe that it caused panic among the locals.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi