Pakistan: 9 killed in Peshawar bomb blast
Islamabad: At least nine people, including two children, were killed and over 20 others injured in a bomb blast in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar on Friday evening, said hospital sources.
The blast took place in an auto workshop in Mattni Bazaar on the outskirts of Peshawar, reported Xinhua.
Police said the bomb was fixed in a double-cabin pickup vehicle which was brought to the workshop for repair on Thursday. The bomb was detonated with a remote-controlled device.
According to rescue teams, three people were killed on the spot while six others succumbed to their injuries in the hospital.
Local Urdu TV channel Aaj TV reported that 11 people were killed in the blast but Xinhua sources saw nine bodies in the hospital.
Hospital sources said that at least six out of over 20 injured were in critical condition.
The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) said that around 40 kg explosives were used in the attack that damaged around a dozen nearby shops and six vehicles.
The intensity of the blast was so severe that it caused panic among the locals.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal