Pakistan again jolted by strong earthquake
Islamabad: An earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale jolted several cities in Pakistan`s Sindh and Balochistan provinces Saturday, media reports said.
According to Pakistan Meteorological Department the earthquake was measured at 7.2, Xinhua reported.
Tauseef Ahmad, an official with the local meteorological department, confirmed that a 7.2-magnitude earthquake hit south and southwest Pakistan at 12:34 pm.
The epicentre was located 104 km northeast of Awaran, a district in Pakistan`s Balochistan province, which was hit by a 7.7-magnitude quake Tuesday afternoon.
Meanwhile, the US Geological Survey (USGS) recorded it at 6.8 magnitude, reported Geo News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview