Pakistan air base attack: 72 suspects held
Islamabad: The Pakistani Police have arrested 72 suspects from various parts of the federal capital territory during a search operation in the wake of the Kamra air base attack.
Around nine to ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on the Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2 am and continued till 6 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants, reports The Nation.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where the assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’