Pakistan air base attack: 72 suspects held
Islamabad: The Pakistani Police have arrested 72 suspects from various parts of the federal capital territory during a search operation in the wake of the Kamra air base attack.
Around nine to ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on the Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2 am and continued till 6 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants, reports The Nation.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where the assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand