Pakistan Air Force exercises in China
Islamabad: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) contingent is taking part in a joint air exercise with China since Tuesday, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
The contingent includes Mirage and F-7 PG aircraft, combat pilots and ground technical crew.
The exercise, Shaheen-II, will be conducted between PAF and the People’s Liberation Army Air Force from Sep 3 to 22.
"It is a historic event as it is the first time that the air force of any country would be participating in a joint air exercise in Chinese air space," APP said.
The earlier Shaheen-I took place in March 2011 in Pakistan.
APP said that the prime objective of the latest exercise was to excel in the air combat capability with focus on air power employment in any future conflict.
"Shaheen-II will provide an opportunity to combat crew of both the air forces to acquaint themselves with applied tactics of air power in near real scenario," APP said.
PAF conducts such exercises on regular intervals both inland and abroad, said an official statement.
PAF has also taken part in joint exercises with the air forces of the US, Italy and Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway