Pakistan Air Force gets new chief
Islamabad: Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt on Monday took over as the new chief of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).
He succeeds Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Geo News reported.
Butt was commissioned in the Pakistan Air Force on graduating from the PAF Academy, Risalpur in March, 1977.
He has flown various types of fighters and training aircraft in the PAF Inventory and is a qualified flying instructor.
Before taking over his new assignment, Butt was the PAF vice chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar