Pakistan Air Force gets new chief
Islamabad: Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt on Monday took over as the new chief of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).
He succeeds Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Geo News reported.
Butt was commissioned in the Pakistan Air Force on graduating from the PAF Academy, Risalpur in March, 1977.
He has flown various types of fighters and training aircraft in the PAF Inventory and is a qualified flying instructor.
Before taking over his new assignment, Butt was the PAF vice chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing