Pakistan and China stage war games
Islamabad: Pakistan and China are staging joint military exercises, showcasing their relationship as Islamabad`s ties with Washington suffer.
The war games that began on Monday follow remarks by Pakistani officials suggesting that China could step into the economic, military and diplomatic void if Pakistan`s relationship with the United States collapsed.
An Army statement says the exercise in Punjab province showed that the "Pakistan-China friendship is higher than the mountains and deeper than oceans”"
It was the fourth military exercise between the two nations since 2004.
Washington has courted Pakistan`s Army since 2001, but the raid on Osama bin Laden in May and disagreements over Afghanistan have poisoned the relationship over the last 1 1/2 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends