Pakistan and China stage war games
Islamabad: Pakistan and China are staging joint military exercises, showcasing their relationship as Islamabad`s ties with Washington suffer.
The war games that began on Monday follow remarks by Pakistani officials suggesting that China could step into the economic, military and diplomatic void if Pakistan`s relationship with the United States collapsed.
An Army statement says the exercise in Punjab province showed that the "Pakistan-China friendship is higher than the mountains and deeper than oceans”"
It was the fourth military exercise between the two nations since 2004.
Washington has courted Pakistan`s Army since 2001, but the raid on Osama bin Laden in May and disagreements over Afghanistan have poisoned the relationship over the last 1 1/2 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday